Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better. SUMMARY
Seeking an outstanding candidate to join the R&D team responsible for the ANSYS circuit and simulation products focusing on the software development of the thermal Reduced Order Modeling (ROM) and linear macromodeling algorithms. We welcome applicants with a strong background in Circuit design and simulation, with an emphasis on state-space fitting algorithm development and ROM techniques. The successful candidate will have a solid background in scientific software development, the ability to develop novel solution approaches, and experience in the application of scientific principles to analyzing problems.
The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research
- Performs moderately complex software development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and solver research and implementations of new solver algorithms in C++
- Employs best software practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring, also participating in planning and architecture
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Performs research on problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions.
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field with 2 years' experience, MS with 1 year experience, or a PhD
- Commercial experience with thermal integrity applications is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with modern C++ and Agile development
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with state-of-the-art linear macromodeling, ROM and state-space fitting algorithms
- Expertise in numerical analysis
- Experience with software configuration management, data structures and algorithms
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
Web Reference : AJF/335135580-25
Posted Date : Sat, 02 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of ANSYS. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 IT Developers