Atlanta-GA (30354) or Minneapolis-MN (55425), candidate preference.
We are currently looking for multiple Android Developers to join our client's team! Multiple teams are hiring and at varied levels of Seniority. Software Developers from entry to architect level with Android Experience are highly encouraged to apply!
These are all 12 month, extendable contract positions. Interview process will include a virtual interview. Important Note:
This client has already returned working on site. As such, all new hires are expected to begin work on site day one.
To submit candidates must be OK working on site. (All new hires are expected to receive first dose within 1 week of accepting offer, if not already fully vaccinated). Details: Title:
Android Developer (Varied levels of Seniority) Client:
Fortune 500 in the Airline domain, Type:
Contract (12 months), extendable with no tenure limit. W2 or C2C is OK # of openings:
 Job Description:
- Hands on experience in Java and Kotlin
- Design patterns: MVP, MVC, MVVM etc
- Experience in testing tools like Expresso, Junit
- Experience in Jetpack for Android
- Experience in Gradle, Github
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives
Job Description: The Fly.* Mobile Developer will be responsible for building innovative features on the Android native applications supporting.* and Virgin Atlantic's customer-facing mobile platform. In this scope, the next team-player of this space will work with their team and matrix teams to define the technical solutions that creates resilient and automated systems and ensure defect-free delivery of our solutions with a focus on reusability, reliability and quality. This senior developer will work very closely with the technical architects on the team and across the organization, partner with peers across the IT and, even more heavily, the squad team members in order to build an industry best customer experience. If you're in the Atlanta area or willing to relocate and want to work in a collaborative, fast paced, mature agile environment supporting one of the best brands in the world, apply today!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?/WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Skilled in Mobile technologies is required (Kotlin, Android), working knowledge in cloud-native technologies is desired
- Excellent understanding of development practices across the development/QA disciplines is required
- Good knowledge of Software Development - Involves knowing the general approach to developing software including best practices, concepts, technology, and methodology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Test Driven Development
- Quality-forward development practices, with automation at forefront for continuous quality
- High performing apps focused on a balance of data stored in app vs servers to interact for end consumers, and continuous focus on improvement of that
- Secure apps that adhere to best practices for information security
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field. Previous airline experience not required, but helpful
- Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably for the audience
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Solution Oriented - Maintains a positive attitude oriented towards coming up with solutions and developing new approaches, doesn't let distractions get in the way, isn't overwhelmed with problems/issues
To apply or inquire about rate please reach out to the contact below with the job number in the subject line.
Thank you. Jesse Gruby
117 Perimeter Center West
Atlanta, GA 30338